This poster is arguably one of the most iconic pieces of Star Wars art today.
The 1977 Poster was created by artist Tom Jung, and it holds a few sneaky little “secrets” that some Star Wars fans or movie fans may not know. I was blown away when I read this on the Star Wars website:
- The boot that you can see Luke wearing is actually Vader’s boot
- The blaster that Leia is holding is Han’s!
- The droids were not in the original poster and were added later by a completely different artist
- The original version of Leia was drawn with a lot less clothing and the “powers that be” decided this wouldn’t work for the final poster
- Leia was drawn from art inspired by legendary fantasy artist Frank Frazetta
And after feeling inspired by this work of art, I expanded the original post with a little animation:
Stay safe and keep creating my friends, and I’ll see you in the next post!